Fulfilled by our friends at Wolf Tooth Components
Supple Bar Tape for drop bars is extra thick, extra wide, extra soft, and extra tacky. Designed for the abuse of unforgiving trails. Keep your hands extra comfortable when the road gets extra rough.
- 5mm thick
- 40mm wide
- 100% silicone compound. Customize the feel of your handlebars with varying levels of overlap. The extra thick and extra wide material creates the same thickness and comfort in one wrap that would take multiple layers of traditional bar tape.
- Washable surface is resistant to wear and packing out.
- Tacky texture keeps your hands from slipping in all weather with or without gloves.
- Self-fusing silicone finishing tape included for a clean finishing touch.
NOTE: Overstretching the tape may cause it to tear. To get a feel for maximum tension, find a ruler and stretch 10 inches of tape to 13 inches. When wrapping your bars, aim for stretching 10 inches of tape to cover 12 inches of bar wrapping.
Fits all road bike drop bars.
For the smoothest feel, aim for a 25mm stagger. Increasing the overlap will provide additional cushion but will create a bumped surface.
Tools needed: scissors, mallet, marker/pen
1) Grab the end of the tape to get a sense of the strength and stretch of the tape
2) Adjust the lever body (shifter/brake hoods) close to final position
3) Use tape (not provided) to hold the brake and shifting housing to the handlebars
4) Roll back the rubber hood covers away from the handlebars
5) Beginning at the bar end, wrap bars inward, moving toward the stem.
6) Once the bar tape has been wrapped to within a desired distance to the stem, apply the self-fusing silicone tape for a finishing touch.
7) Insert bar end plugs.
8) Ride off-road with comfort.
Weight: 106g per roll
Material: 100% silicone
Dimensions: 5mm thick | 40mm wide | 152cm long
Made in the USA