State Bicycle Co. is not responsible for safely storing your bicycle, for maintaining your bicycle, or for making sure you ride your bicycle safely and follow local laws.
Safety Tips to Ride By:
- Always have your bicycle built, adjusted and/or maintained by a professional bicycle mechanic.
- Observe and obey all traffic laws. Do not attempt to run lights and stop signs.
- All complete bikes come with a front and rear hand brake (except the City Bike line, which come with a coaster brake). Please check your local safety laws and regulations for more information on brake requirements. We do not recommend ever riding without a brake.
- Check your tires, brake calipers, brake lines, and brake pads on a regular basis.
- Always use lights at night. An invisible cyclist is an endangered one. Make yourself as visible as possible when riding at night.
- Carry an extra tube set, portable bicycle pump, bike tool, and extra set of lights while riding.
- Take your bike in for regular maintenance. We can recommend a great bike shop in your area. Feel free to call or e-mail us. We're happy to help.
- Wear a helmet that is within safety compliance regulations.
- Every state and city has different bicycle safety regulations. Please make sure you are following all local rules and regulations when operating a bicycle.